Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's all about LOVE


All you need is love, love is all you need

Our group is split into three. We do rotations everyday between tutoring at the school, community service and medical service at the leprosy colonies. 

My first rotation was medical service. 

It was intimidating going to the leprosy colony on the very first day. The people living there are shut off from the world, disregarded as untouchables. 

I expected saddness. I expected hurt. I expected to feel sorry for these people.

There was saddness. There was hurt, but there was something else and it wasn't pitty. It was LOVE. 

From the moment our van pulled up, the people gathered. They put their hands in a prayer position and welcomed us. They know us. They know our love. 

I am overwhelmed at the peace and joy I felt being there. It was nothing like I expected, even though it was everything I was told it would be. I wasn't afraid to touch them. I wasn't intimidated. I wanted to share my love with all of them. I wanted them to know they were special. 

Jesus Christ has shown me how to love. He loves everyone. I want to be like Him. 

His atonement can help me love. I can plead with my Heavenly Father to have Him help me love those around me. 

Everyone deserves to feel special. 

I am at peace with myself when I am loving and thinking about others. I am selfish but love is not. That is why I utilize the atonement to help me love others more than myself. I am grateful for my older brother's example. 





1 comment:

  1. Sarah I am so proud to call you my sister. You inspire me... Love you forever!!!

    ReplyDelete